I have kind of a lot on my mind lately, and trying my darndest to keep up beat and positive. So I haven’t been writing to document my downs. Be glad of this! I decided I should come back and catch up a bit. In lieu of prattling on about my feelings I thought I’d share with you a list I was making in my head the other night when trying to sleep about why red is my favorite color.
1. It’s the prettiest!
2. It makes me think of Christmas
3. It goes so well with white and since I’ve always been a renter, I’ve always had to decorate white areas
4. All my favorite fruits and veggies are red; cherries, strawberries, red peppers, tomatoes, raspberries, apples…
5. Red is any number of similar colors evoked by light consisting predominantly of the longest wavelengths of light discernible to the human eye (so says wikipedia)
6. Red is the color of Valentines Day, one day before my birthday.
7. Other words for red are so passionate; scarlet, crimson, cardinal, magenta, carmine, vermilion…
8. Red is sweet, red is spicy, red is hot, red is juicy
9. Red looks good on me
10. Red can’t hide
11. See title of this post
And that’s enough for now. Mostly, I think, red is cheerful and bright and it makes me feel happy when it’s around.
Today, I found some bagels in a random bakery nearby. They’re a bit funny shaped and plain, but delicious! Tomorrow morning, it’s bagels and cream cheese for Jesse and I, wahoo!
Thinking of all of you and missing you. 5 more months until we come home!