I’ve been terribly cranky ever since coming back from Portland a week ago. Darn you Portland! I almost think I should stay away so I don’t get grumpy about what I’m missing.
Here is the short list of what Portland has and Berkeley does not:
1. A sister, her husband, their gestating child, their cat and comfortable house.
2. A brother, a sister-in-law who is also a good friend, their fun kids and a comfortable house.
3. Coffee shops with good coffee
4. Coffee shops with good food
5. Coffee shops with places for kids to play!
6. Easy(er) access to good friends.
7. High Chairs and changing tables in every establishment.
8. Nicholas’ and Saburos
9. Good parks
10. Nice little neighborhoods to walk around (Sellwood, Multnomah Village, Mississippi, etc, ad nauseum)
11. A recently transplanted aunt who had lived nearby and was very helpful
I’d better stop. I think I could be writing this list for hours. The point is Portland is better and I know it and I know I will not get to move there for at least 6 years, if ever. Humph.